Golden Temple Darshan
2 Nights 3 Days
Golden Temple Darshan
The Golden Temple, located in the city of Amritsar in the state of Punjab,is a place of great beauty and sublime peacefulness. Originally a small lake in the midst of a quiet forest, the site has been a meditation retreat for wandering mendicants and sages since deep antiquity. The Buddha is known to have spent time at this place in contemplation.Two thousand years after Buddha's time, another philosopher-saint came to live and meditate by the peaceful lake. This was Guru Nanak (1469-1539), the founder of the Sikh religion. After the passing away of Guru Nanak, his disciples continued to frequent the site; over the centuries it became the primary sacred shrine of the Sikhs. The lake was enlarged and structurally contained during the leadership of the fourth Sikh Guru (Ram Dass, 1574-1581), and during the leadership of the fifth Guru (Arjan, 1581-1606), the Hari Mandir, or Temple of God was built. From the early 1600s to the mid 1700s the sixth through tenth Sikh Gurus were constantly involved in defending both their religion and their temple against Moslem armies. On numerous occasions the temple was destroyed by the Moslems, and each time was rebuilt more beautifully by the Sikhs. From 1767 onwards, the Sikhs became strong enough militarily to repulse invaders. Peace returned to the Hari Mandir.
- Accommodation for 2 Night and 3 Days on twin sharing basis.
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- All Taxes
- Any airfare or trainfare
- Guide & Entrance Fees
- Expenses of Personal Nature
Day 01: Arrive - Amritsar
- Arrive at Amritsar Raiway Station / Airport
- Pick-upand drop at pre-booked hotel
- Visit to Golden Temple, JaliyanwalaBagh and back to Hotel for rest
- In the evening proceed to Wagah Border for watching ‘lowering of the flags’ or “Beating the Retreat” ceremony between India and Pakistan.
- Enjoy the local street food, then back to hotel, dinner and overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 02: Amritsar - Departure
- Enjoy the sumptuous breakfast
- Visit Golden Temple and check out from the hotel.
- Visit local market for shopping and drop at airport /railway station for your onward journey
Hotel La Cascade or similar
- Package Rates are Per Person and is subject to minimum 03 Pax travelling
- Package is completely subject to availability at the time of making the booking
- Package rates are valid for Indian Nationals Only
- Not Valid on Festivals, long weekends and Special Events
- Package rates are subject to change in case of any increase in the hotel cost